Hopefully you have all your merchandise in and ready to go on display for Mother’s Day.To put the finishing touches on your strategy consider these low cost, easy to implement and sure to ring the till tips!
1. Double Duty: Include a “gift for you..gift for Mom” option on retail items that you want to move! This is great way to clear out aging and non-performing stock. You capture your wholesale cost of the item..and make a big impact. This approach is better than 2 for 1.
2. Promote Gift Cards: You reap the benefit knowing that more than 50% of us will make a purchase above the value of the gift card.
3. Gift Card Part II :Include a small pre-wrapped retail item for Gift Certificates above a pre-set level. A double-nice treat! You will be surprised how this will raise the level of the gift certificate price point. ( We all love a “free gift!)
4. Remember shoppers are like bumble bees: Draw them to you! Use your windows, front door, retail display area, cash wrap and welcome desk to promote your Mother’s Day offers. If you have a guest bath room, locker room, or parking area use it to remind and promote sales! Shelf talkers too!
5. Branch Out! Mother’s Day is not just for Moms..but grandmothers, aunts, special friends, Moms to Be..include these other targets in your marketing efforts and spread the message! Many people call themselves “Pet Parents” let’s include them too!
by Patti Biro