Black Friday is approaching quickly (November 27th this year), and many salons and spas are gearing up for this lucrative holiday where clients spend more money in order to get a good deal. Your job as a business owner or manager is to craft unique promotions that’ll get clients coming into your salon or spa to try services or new products.
Quick & Powerful Black Friday Promotion Ideas
- Gift Certificates – This idea will probably be the most successful promotion of your Black Friday campaign, or any other holiday for that matter. Offer the purchaser of a gift card something in return. Craft a simple promotion like “Purchase a $100 gift card for a friend or family member, get your own $25 gift card.” The client will feel rewarded with the gift card and it’s something for them to take away. The next time they come into your salon or spa, they’ll likely apply that $25 gift card towards a service or product that’s $75 or higher. Your business is basically gaining two guests with one initial transaction, with the original client coming back.
- Dead Stock Inventory – Instead of returning inventory to your supplier and paying a restocking fee for products that haven’t sold, think about bundling those items up with hot sellers. Make the package look good with packaging that’s appealing to the eye. Price the package right and it will sell. Clients will feel they are getting value.
- Mini Membership – There are so many companies doing mini memberships. Have you ever heard about Dollar Shave Club or Beer of the Month club? Having a client feel the sense of belonging to a VIP club can make them feel special. You can offer a static membership, something like “For 3 months, get 1 facial per month” or you can do the same thing with a manicure/pedicure service. You can variate your type of club membership and offer a combo membership, offering a massage and facial together or makeup application with a blowout.
- Holiday Type Services – Brand your services by giving them a name that springs up the holiday feel. If you offer a pedicure service, why not offer a ‘Peppermint Pedicure’ with a scented foot scrub built-in? What a great way for your salon or spa to be creative around the holiday time.
- Marketing – Don’t wait to until the last minute to market Black Friday promotions. If you are automated with salon or spa software, you can pre-program your marketing initiatives. You can send an e-blast to your clients about the upcoming Black Friday deals you have created. You can even go further and create holiday parties with wine and snacks. Some parties can be exclusive to your top 100 clients, for example, where they can purchase all products at 25% off and make their own basket of products they like.
Is your spa or salon ready for Black Friday 2015? Use these quick tips to analyze your business and implement now!