As a salon or spa owner, every season comes with its unique challenges. Here are some pro tips to help you rev up business during the spring and summer months.
Target Various Buyer Personas with Promotions
- Father’s Day (June 16th) and Graduation Day are both right around the corner. Start marketing your “Dads and Grads” promotions at the end of May—BOGO will get them in the door, but excellent service will garner life-long clients!
- Speaking of graduates, they’ll be home for the entire summer. With Meevo 2’s integrated marketing, easily target this group to push memberships for the season (e.g., unlimited summer facials for a fixed price).
- According to Wedding Wire, 23% of couples get married during May and June. Hopefully you already have some bridal parties on the calendar; to boost sales even more, offer specials to encourage them to bundle services and increase your average ticket (e.g., hair, makeup and nails for a package price).
Stock Your Shelves with Seasonal and On-Trend Products
- Seasonality has always been an industry driving force. Start ordering products for the season to get everyone summer ready: SPF face cream, sea salt spray, tanning accessories, vibrant nail colors, etc.
- According to Harpers Bazaar UK, this year, consumers will continue to covet products that blend beauty and wellness. Also line your shelves with organic buys, products infused with superfoods, and supplements for your hair and skin.
- Have leftover winter products? Put them on sale.
Get Creative and Market New Trends
- As business and industry professionals, clients trust that you’re in-the-know about the latest and greatest. Hype up summer’s hottest looks to get people excited and in the chair.
- Use “hashtag holidays” to your marketing advantage. For instance, Best Friends Day (June 8th) opens the door for a fun BOGO “bring your BFF” campaign that will drive business.
- Push customized eGift Cards, which seamlessly sync with Meevo 2 and make great presents for bridesmaids, dads, grads and more!
Focus on Rebooking Now
- When clients take summer vacations, business can dip. Think ahead and start getting people on the books now for their six-week color touch-ups or monthly microdermabrasion appointments; remind them that consistency gives them the best results.
- Remember: amazing client experiences year-round encourage retention!
- Stay on top of your employees’ time-off requests to ensure your schedules are properly staffed.
Attend an Educational Event
- It’s always beneficial to network with like-minded professionals and learn from industry pros. Sign-up for a business-building class or educational event to help you surpass your goals—and come equipped with questions!
- Business Mastery By Millennium (October 5th-8th, 2019) offers targeted learning tracks, leadership roundtables and a heavy focus on education so you can learn from the best on how to help your salon or spa business prosper.