Retaining clients is one of the biggest success metrics in the salon and spa industry. At BeautyBooked, we are often asked about the “secret sauce” to keeping retention numbers high. With over 1K salons in our network, we’ve rounded up some of the industry’s best practices:
1) Prebook: Ensure that your clients come back by re-booking their next service before they leave. Try incentivizing them by offering a bounce back promotion such as 15% off for booking on the spot or setting up a recurring appointment. Chances are they won’t want to pass up a limited-time offer.
2) Rewards: Everyone loves to be rewarded. Establishing a system that rewards repeat visits encourages client loyalty and will help to build a strong following. Rewards aren’t just for clients; set client retention goals for each of your stylists and reward them once they meet their targets.
3) Consistency: Consistency is key in the salon business. Ongoing education sessions and team meetings will ensure that your entire team is on the same page. Clients are more inclined to come back and recommend a salon that makes them look and feel great every time. Make it a priority to treat your regulars and new clients the same and you’ll have them coming back for more.
4) Salon Experience: Complimentary beverages or mini-treatments such a scalp or hand massage are a great way to welcome your clients and immediately dissolve stress from the outside world. Create a therapeutic oasis that clients look forward to. Simple measures like taking their coat and playing relaxing music go a long way in establishing an addictive atmosphere that brings clients back again.
5) Reconnect: Getting your client in the door is half the battle. Keep the momentum going by engaging with clients regularly. For example, inviting clients to VIP salon events or offering compelling promotions such as complimentary conditioning services can entice even the most stubborn clients back through your door.
About Beauty Booked:
BeautyBooked is the premier marketplace for salon & spa appointments. Referred to as “The OpenTable for salons” by the New York Times, BeautyBooked simplifies the appointment scheduling process. Through our platform, members can explore +1K vetted salons & spas, read expert editorial from our partner Allure magazine and book online 24/7.