Keeping up-to-date on COVID-19 has been a continuous process for companies and individuals alike. It can be difficult to make sound decisions when the information provided is constantly changing, making what seemed like an informed decision yesterday potentially inaccurate today.
How To Keep Up-To-Date with the Latest News and Information
Verify the source of any information you receive. Checking the CDC’s website as well as reviewing some of the graphical data (“flatten that curve”) are helpful as you begin to formulate thoughts on our new normal. At Millennium Systems International, we have a task force that meets weekly to review the implications of our eventual return to work and have compiled a list of tips and resources for your business to use.
1) For the most up-to-date, accurate information:
- Follow your governor for the most immediate updates about your state
- Follow the mayor in both your local municipality as well as your work location
- Visit the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
- Visit the U.S. Department of Labor website: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic
2) Additional resources for your business and employees
- U.S Small Business Administration – See if you are eligible for a small business relief loan: https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19
- Small Business Loan through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/grants
- Unemployment Website: https://www.usa.gov/unemployment
- COBRA Health Insurance: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ebsa/laws-and-regulations/laws/cobra
- CARES Act – Help for small businesses: https://www.sbc.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/guide-to-the-cares-act
- PBA (Professional Beauty Association) COVID-19 Relief Fund: https://www.probeauty.org/pba-charities/covid-19-relief-fund
- U.S Department of Human and Health Services – Mental Health Hotline: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
- Coty Hairdressers at Heart Crisis Relief Fund: https://www.beautyenvisionawards.com/hairdressersatheart
Staying informed on the latest news surrounding COVID-19 will help you formulate a plan for how to safely reopen your salon or spa when guidelines are announced in your state.
The Millennium Systems International team is also here to help your business and provide support in these uncertain times.