Check out this awesome cut and color by Farouk Global Artistic Director, Patrick Kalle. The inspiration goes back to the early 70s where precise cutting techniques were the success of every salon owner.
The copper, red tones of the Chi permanent shine hair color give us the reflection, brilliance and lasting for this rich color. Below is the step-by-step process to create this look for yourself.
(This haircut is done 80% with the razor)
1. Section the head in 5 sections: Take a middle part over the highest point of the head to the middle of the nape, then from the highest point of the head to the tip of the ear and isolate the grinch area.
2. Start in the lower nape are taking the first guideline parallel to the natural hairline and sculpt a soft diagonal forward line on the skin, with no tension on the razor.
3. The following sections are sculpt parallel to the diagonal forward parting with the razor. To create a soft rounded graduation, project the hair medium.
4. Continue working toward the crown area, the last sections are sculpt with a razor etching technique, comb the hair now in the natural fall and etch the razor of the surface of the hair to create a soft blend.
5. Next area is the franc area, we worked from an asymmetric side part. Part the frinch on the heavier side diagonal to the left and distribute the hair perpendicular to the parting, and move the razor from short to long. This creates a beautiful increasing length towards the sides.
6. On the lighter side, part the hair diagonal to the left and repeat your technique of the perpendicular technique.
7. The sides are connected in the natural fall with the nape length and the extended frinch from the front.
1. Natural hair color 5N. Mix CHI permanent shine haircolor 5RR 1:1 with 10 volume color generator and apply from roots to end.
2. Mix Chi Infra High lift RO and GB 1/2 1/2 and equal parts mix 20 volume color generator ( 20 volume can give me lift for 3 to 4 levels).
3. Start in the lower nape and apply the CHI Infra over the Chi permanent shine hair color 5RR from midsheft to ends. Position your brush diagonal and press the CHI Infra color towards the ends.
4. Work towards the interior area in the same sequence applying the CHI infra color over the CHI permanent shine hair color 5RR.
5. Shampoo together after 35 minutes with the CHI infra shampoo and lock the color for 5 minutes with the CHI Lock Teatment.