Stand out from the competition by going above and beyond for your clients.
Think about a time when a business made you feel like the most important person in the room. That is the feeling you want to achieve for your clients every time they visit your business. Going one step further in the service you provide has the potential to make someone a client for life.
Creating a unique experience should be consistent as well as engrained within your businesses culture. Educate your team members on the importance of making every experience your clients’ best experience. Small gestures like offering a complimentary drink and taking a client’s coat when they arrive can have a significant impact on a person’s experience. (You would be surprised how many people base their choice of business on whether they have to worry about their coat during the service.)
Make a conscious effort to listen to your client when they speak and engage in the conversation. Is your client prepping for an important event? Make a note in their client profile to help remind you to ask how the event was upon their next visit. Remembering your previous conversation shows the client you were paying attention to them and that the client’s time matters.
Create a personalized experience for each of your clients based off of their wants and needs. Engaging in conversation will help you tailor your client’s experience. For example, reach out to a client when a new product comes in that you think they would love; this will keep you connected and create a personalized experience.
Like the saying goes, “It’s not the destination, but the journey that matters most.” In the beauty industry, the journey is what makes the destination worth the trip.
11 Ways to Go the Extra Mile
1. Have a complimentary water, coffee, tea, cocktail station. Have your regular clients’ favorite drink waiting for them upon arrival. *Use the UDF field in Millennium*
2. Have a few umbrellas lying around for those days there’s a chance of rain.
3. If your client is prepping for a special event, offer a product sample to help their service last through the event.
4. Remember and acknowledge special moments.
5. Have somewhere to store or put personal belongings.
6. Write the client’s name on your station mirror in lipstick! It adds an element of surprise and makes the space feel like it was made for the client. It also allows other team members to become familiar with client and say “hello”.
7. Document everything including complaints, concerns, service preferences, and conversation starters to create a custom experience.
8. Celebrate birthdays, occasions, etc. Have a cupcake waiting. For an anniversary, offer champagne.
9. Welcome bags for new clients with samples of your products and client loyalty info.
10. Reward top clients with discounted services, or host VIP events. *Use Top N Bottom N in Millennium*
11. Customize packages for loyal clients.