Understanding how new clients are referred to your business is the first step to implementing a successful marketing campaign. It also allows you to analyze which tactics are most successful for your customer demographic.
How to Track Referrals in Millennium
Tracking referrals within Millennium allows you to get into nitty gritty detail about how new clients heard about your business, as well as how much your marketing budget compares to the revenue brought in from referrals.
To create new referral types in Millennium, go to Data > Referral Types > New. By default, employee referrals and client referrals are already included.
Some other referral types to include:
- Newspaper Ad
- Radio Ad
- Trade show
“How Did You Hear About Us…?”
“How did you hear about us?” should always be asked by your front desk when booking a new client. Keeping track will help you collect the most accurate data so you can implement the most successful marketing initiatives.
“…From a current client.”
Nurturing your relationships with your clients can be one of the biggest assets to your revenue. The most loyal clients are brand ambassadors to your business and have the power to bring new faces through your door. Are you lacking client referrals? Here are some things to consider:
- Reevaluate your customer service experience. A client expects to be treated with the same warmth as their first time. Make sure every interaction is an outstanding experience.Do you have a client loyalty points system? If so, make sure you
- Do you have a client loyalty points system? If so, make sure you reward clients for bringing in new business.Always have cards and marketing collateral at the front desk
- Always have cards and marketing collateral at the front desk available for clients to take with them.
“…I saw you on social media.”
In recent years, social media has become one of the most cost-effective ways to market your business. If clients are hearing about you through social media, keep it up! Consistency is key to a successful social media campaign. If your posts aren’t getting as much attention as you’d like, here are some things to consider:
- Instagram and Facebook pictures with faces and/or location tags usually get more engagement.
- Figure out which times get the most engagement from your audience.
- Pay to boost a post. Facebook now allows you to target VERY specific demographics and it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to target prospective clients in your area.
- Make sure your stylists are posting pictures of their work and tagging your business.
- Post at least 3x per week. The top brands post about 5x per week.
Decoding Your Referrals: The Ultimate Guide
Acquiring new clients can be expensive, so it’s important to strategize the best way to reach and motivate new clients to book an appointment. Keeping track of referrals will help you get a better feel for how new clients are discovering your business. Download our guide for even more ways to decode your referrals such as reports in Millennium, how to use the Referral Tree, and much more.