The holiday season is a busy time with the potential to bring in large amounts of revenue to your salon or spa. Your website is the front door to your business on the internet, so in order to optimize your potential profits for the end of 2016, it’s important to make sure that your website is ready for new clients to find you.
Your website is an important part of salon marketing. When a potential customer searches for salon or spa services in their area, search engine bots will scan your website for several factors including content, navigation, errors, and format to determine how relevant your website is based on their search.
Optimize Your Website
Did you know? The condition of your website can greatly affect your traffic. It’s important to maintain your web presence so clients can find you on search engines such as Google.
• Text – The text on each page on your website should be about 300–500 words. Each page should include a healthy balance of keywords, headers, and links.
• Keywords – Using common phrases in your website that potential clients search on your business is one of the easiest ways to drive more traffic.While you may have color services called “multi-dimensional” or “double process”, your clients will be searching for terms like “hair color” or “highlights”, so consider this when designing and writing the content for your website.
• Headers & Location – Adding headings to the pages of your website with relevant keywords (i.e. Luxury Spa Services in Parsippany, NJ) will be another indicator to search engines that your site is relevant to a potential client who is searching online for a spa.
• Navigation – Easy, uncluttered, and user-friendly navigation will ensure search engine bots that you’re a legitimate business and not a spam website.
• Errors – If links on your website go nowhere or there are loading errors, this will greatly affect your search visibility. Regularly test your site to make sure it’s running smoothly.
Another big factor that affects your website traffic is whether or not your website is mobile friendly. A 2015 study by The Huffington Post found that “57 percent of mobile users will leave your website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.” This means that there’s a good chance prospective clients will move on to the next business, if your website can’t perform in 3 seconds or less.
Fuel Your Salon Marketing with SEO