Salon POS software is not normally complex, but it does take some time getting used to. A worthy point of sale software will have a friendly user interface that’s visually appealing and easy to navigate.
If your POS system isn’t simple, your staff will make mistakes and your business will lose money along the way. Additionally, you want to minimize the wait time for your customers in order to provide them with an outstanding experience.
- Fast updates. You should be able to add appointments to your schedule quickly and easily. You could also allow your clients to book appointments online through your website, and have it directly come into your salon’s POS software.
With Millennium’s state of the art salon booking software, clients can check your schedule from anywhere and see when you have an open appointment. Then, they can instantly book a spot.
- Accurate tracking. Using Millennium’s software you can track repeat guests, product sales, appointments, and even employees’ growth. With detailed analytics, you can go as far as tracking the percentage of your sales from retail clients alone.
Patricia Cappola-Brokaw of Cheshire, CT’s Cappola-Brokaw Art of Hair said last year: “We’re able to pull detailed productivity reports on all aspects of our business.” We believe this to be a highly influential tool for the salon business.
- Salon specific tasks. The award-winning salon POS system goes as far as tracking a guest’s color as well as their service or product history. This helps boost profitability because you can prepare for your guests ahead of time. Which means, you leave more time for a meaningful conversation with your client during the consultation and therefore provide a better overall experience.
John Harms, CEO of Millennium Systems International strongly believes in boosting productivity, which in turn can increase profitability through client retention and rebooking.
For example, when a client checks out after a visit to a salon or spa, the Millennium system finds an appointment opening for their next visit. You can provide the client with two or three specific open dates and times and rebook them quickly.
Make Your Salon POS Software Work For You
- Client loyalty system. It’s easier to up-sell and cross-sell to loyal clients. As these loyal clients refer friends and family, your salon or spa enjoys free marketing.
With Millennium, you can easily reward your clients for pre-booking, referrals, or trying out new services. You may choose to reward your loyal clients with free services or products, or even a gift card.
The loyalty system is fully customizable, depending on the special your salon chooses to promote. For example, you can give a client 1,000 new points for trying a new service. This system is highly effective in increasing the revenue of your business.
- Security. We’ve all heard the stories of retail fraud through POS systems. That’s why Millennium has the best possible security functions in place that a salon management software can have.
The software promotes you to use strong passwords, using capitals, numbers, and even special characters. You can lock down certain data such as client export, on-hand count, and other data. You can even go as far as disabling the editing of past transaction, pre-paid quantities, and more.
Alerts can be set up to send a text message or e-mail when refunds occur, a gift card is sold or redeemed, employees punch in late, inventory count is edited, or when access is denied a secured feature.
There is strong emphasis on credit card security. With this security feature, a special type of encryption is added as a layer of protection. Our team of security tech recommend to back up your data frequently, install an antivirus, and protect your passwords.
- Award Winning Support. Millennium has a business support department that offers a variety of services that will be included in your contract if you sign up for our POS software. Our support department is open from 9am to 8pm during weekdays, and on call during the weekends.
We also offer some services that are normally handled by outside companies for an additional cost. Such services include data archiving, online booking customization, temporary data move, specific add-ons, special scripts, and more!
Finally, our new support team has recently implemented a program that provides you with a dedicated support representative as soon as you sign up! They will be there along the way to assist you with any questions or issues you may experience. Not every spa software company in the industry can attest to this level of customer service, but Millennium surely does.