Creating goals is essential to increasing your bottom line and maintaining business growth. Without goals, what are you working towards, and how is it measured? If you still aren’t convinced, case studies have confirmed that properly defined goals lead to higher productivity and achievement, with a 15% increase in performance with short-term goals, and even higher when both short-term and long-term goals are defined and monitored.
Be realistic when creating goals. Start small. Don’t create a goal that you know is out of reach; you may end up feeling frustrated and defeated. Use the “S.M.A.R.T” method – which is setting Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound goals. How do you do that? Set goals based on growth, not numbers. Teach your staff the growth indicators and their importance:
- New Clients per Month – How well are you attracting new clients to your business?
- New Client Retention – How can you secure new customers as clients?
- Repeat Client Retention – How can you keep clients happy and coming back?
- Average Ticket – How can you increase the average amount a client spends at your business?
- Frequency of Visit – How can you increase the average amount of client visits per year?
- Productivity – How can you book more appointments?
For example, set a goal to increase their frequency of visit (FOV) by one within the next 6 months. This gives them a specific, measurable, and time-bound goal. Now, based on the education you provided them, this will be attainable and realistic because they will know that pre-booking will improve their FOV.
Finish 2017 Strong
It’s not too late to set goals for the rest of 2017 and we’re here to help. Take advantage of some our most popular resources to help make the rest of the year count.
Employee Goal Tracker. Are you looking for ways to set goals based on KPIs and track employee progress? Download our guide to setting and tracking employee goals.
Keep Employees Motivated. Want to boost employee morale? Keeping employees happy doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are 21 ways you can motivate and reward employees for free.
Marketing Calendar. Running out of marketing ideas? Download our 2017 Salon and Spa Marketing Calendar to help inspire your campaigns for the rest of the year.