Every year I start the year off with specific goals that will impact my salon. I try to make the goals fun and involve my staff to be sure that everyone stands behind the end goal. This year a huge focus of mine is FOV – Frequency of Visit. FOV is about being fully productive – getting your loyal clients to come more frequently. If you get your clients to come in just 1 time more per month – you’re not just making more money on their service but you’re increasing the opportunity that they will buy more retail. Overall it equals one thing – increased revenue. Here are a few ways you can focus 2012 on increasing FOV and increasing your revenues by fully utilizing the people who already love your salon!
1. GOAL: increase pre-booking by 50%. Pre-booking is an essential key to keeping your clients coming back at a higher frequency of visit. Odds are your client will come back in 4 weeks if they have a scheduled date and time before they leave the salon. Don’t leave it up to them to call in and book their next appointment! It is a simple and effective way to guarantee a repeat visit from your client which in turn increases FOV. Millennium software does a great job of displaying real time pre-book numbers right in the dashboard for my staff. They will know at all times where they are in terms of pre-booking and the goal.
What does this equate to in dollars and cents? The average stylist has about 180 – 200 repeat guests that come back about 5 times a year. Yes, that’s correct. If you average all of the guests they only come back between 5 and 5.6 times a year. If your average women’s haircut costs, say, $50 you would be producing 200 X 5visits = 1000 total visits @ $50 = $50,000 from repeat guests. You can increase that 20% EASILY by increasing your FOV to 6 times a year … one more visit per guest. That is a $10,000 increase with little effort.
2. GOAL: Leverage Standing appointments. Standing appointments – you can guarantee your VIP guests the same time and slot with a certain service provider. In scheduling out the standing appointments you are again securing that your VIP’s will come in every 2,4,6 (or any increment) weeks.
3. GOAL: Build out a strong client loyalty program. Offering incentives to your clients that directly affect your business goals is a no brainer. In looking at my FOV goals I can reward clients for coming in 12 times a year and provide them with a free service on their 12th visit. Millennium software allows me to set up loyalty programs that are completely customized based on what I want to promote which is extremely helpful when trying to achieve a certain goal.
4. GOAL: Involve the front desk. Millennium provides the ability to run a recall report that shows clients that are due in but have no future appointment booked. The front desk can pull this report and contact these clients to book an appointment. Even if they book 20% of these clients that could mean hundreds of dollars in revenue.
5. GOAL: Set goals around FOV and involve the whole team. When you set goals get the whole team involved. Show your stylists how much more money they will be making if they increase FOV to just 1 more visit per guest. Get the Stylists and front desk on the same team so that they understand the impact of pre-booking that client and getting them in for their next visit. Create a new way of talking to your client “I want to see you in 3 weeks” versus “do you want to schedule your next appointment” Millennium’s WHAT IF program will actually show your team what meeting these goals means – which is a HUGE motivator.